3/14/07

A Blazed Trail

When I was a kid, I had a friend who was a boy scout. I belonged to a similar group at my church, but we didn't always do the cool stuff they did, one of them being, trailblazing.
You know, someone would go ahead and plant subtle clues like placing stones in a formation to guide you to the next clue, such as a broken twig hanging off a bush or something.
If you knew what to look for and if you were observant, you would make it to the end by following the clues. The trail was clearly marked for those who were really into the "game".

When I heard God leading me & my family away from the denomination of my childhood (for that matter, my whole life up to this point!), I had no idea where He was take us. I thought that He would simply nurture us at home with each other while still maintaining contact with other Christian brothers & sisters. I felt a lot like Abraham who was told to leave his father's household and go where he was shown, not knowing where, just going.

I had been a teacher for sometime. I had taught a class most of my adult life, and at this point I had been teaching out of Romans. I knew I had to tell this close knit class that it was time for me & my family to leave. Little did I realize what lay ahead.

A closer relationship with a couple of friends, opening a Christian bookstore & cafe, being able to minister to believers, (new & "old"), being a safe place for anyone - believer or otherwise.

Times have been a bit rocky, financially speaking, but we're still here. By God's grace, we're still here.

Love & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment